Dungeon Runners Now Public
woot. anyone can now join in on the dungeon runners fun. so, to catch those of you up who weren’t in the beta, a quick run-down on why i love this game.
first, what it’s not:
- a full-fledged mmo with crazy crafting skills, dancing and an economy.
- a game where you spend 40 hours grinding so you can get to the “end game” content.
- a pvp powerhouse.
now, what it is:
- it’s super accessible. jump in, jump out.
- it’s fast paced. you wade into various fast and furious combat really quickly. (compared to something like wow or vanguard. think diablo.)
- it makes playing with your friends REALLY easy. the right-click go-to feature is AWESOME. the pre-divided loot is AWESOME. sharing portals is AWESOME.
- it’s FREE! (tho, i actually am a subscriber — it’s only $5 a month.)
i’m a big fan of the convenience of dungeon pounding instances coupled with the convenience of playing in a (mostly) persistent world with your friends. i look at it more like a highly interactive irc channel.
p.s. OOH! i almost forgot! it’s FUNNY! from a brand new dungeon — still with that new dungeon smell — to an ungodly badass weapon that’s a — wait for it — pizza slicer. it’s light and good for some quick fun.