i just thought i'd set everyone's expectations as to my periodic posting. i will probably go dark here for a while. i may actually pop my head in once in a while to say hello or such, but, we've set a pretty aggressive timeline for finishing this thing out so we can get some public feedback.
we've got an official alpha milestone in 45 days — which we really need to make because that next week, we'll be at e3, drinking our faces off. mmmmm… that's what e3 is really about, you know.
anyway. i will, however, leave you with this tidbit. think all the fun of mmo gameplay coupled with the community, publishing and portability aspects that make the web huge. now, layer that over a highly normalized database that let's us completely swap out content so we can add multiple genres.
also, here's a fun shortlist of some of the cool features:
- 3 different character templates – Adventurers, Merchants or Bards
- Craft your own items. Any item you can imagine with any powers you can imagine is possible.
- Set up a store to sell your items.
- Create your own skills and spells or choose pre-existing ones.
- Simply purchase items from some other store and head for the hills for some High Adventure.
- Battle other players one-on-one.
- Build your own adventure areas for other players to experience.
- Everyone has Health, Conditions, Skills, Attributes or Items.
- Earn badges, trophies, etc.
- Join a Guild and take over a city.
- Carry, store, display or sell anything you own.
- Earn money by selling items, questing or having people play through your own hand crafted adventures.
- View/Send/Subscribe/Publish (Static, Email, RSS, etc.) your own challenge history.
- Challenge another player to a duel, a cooking contest or a dance off. It's only limited by your imagination.
- World-level events and high level story affect everyone.
- Play at your own pace.
we're starting with a high fantasy pack. others will follow. well. as long as everyone digs on it anyway. heh.