Choosing a New Theme
so, the hobo changed his theme on the same day i was thinking of changing mine. coincidence? hrm. absolutely! funny? nah. prolly not. changing themes is fun and easy. is it good for branding your site? hell no. heh.
- almost spring. i want my tagline in the header. other non-spring colors? rejected.
- banana smoothie? puh-leeeeeze. rejected.
- benevolence. hard to read font. other photos than grass? rejected.
- blix. another great theme. too bad pastels are addicting. rejected.
- connections. clean. elegant. but it munges the links into one group. like the date position for the posts. green tho? rejected.
- contempt. fantastic — but for the header. soooooo 1998. rejected.
- fauna. great text fontography. everything else is terrible. rejected.
- green marinee. one of my favorites. but, again, green? dammit. rejected.
- hemmingway. my aboslute favorite. love the layout. love the comments. the text is not high contrast enough and gets lost on laptops. rejected. (please, please fix this one!)
- neat. one of the best themes. but! no title. no tagline. and why the borders on linked images? rejected.
- fresh bananas. seriously. what the hell? rejected.
- ocadia. fantastic. except! i hate the stupid looking rounded-corner-dropshadow boxes. the rest of the theme is hard lines and soft gradients — why the drop shadow? rejected.
- pool. bad link rollovers. no tagline. rejected.
- regulous. best theme overall, i think. the main column is just a bit too thin. boo-ya for customizable themes! maybe.
- rubric. bad rollovers. no tagline. a pen? can we swap out with other images? rejected.
- sapphire. bad visited link color. side links disappear on detail pages. header could use a bit of love. rejected.
- shocking blue green. color’s not my cup of tea. no tagline. rejected.
- silver is the new black. too wide. i’m not a big fan of unconstrained text. no tagline. rejected.
- toni. terrible, terrible, terrible color for links. the same color as the text? hide and seek? c’mon! get your head out of your ass, chris m. no tagline. rejected.
- white as milk. not really a big fan of the right-justified, boring link listings. maybe.
- classic. copy font is too hard to read in large blocks. too wide. no tagline. rejected.
- default. solid theme. hate the header. rejected.
- andreas09. don’t like the link color and bolding. hate the boxes around side links. rejected.
connections saphire regulous it is.